General Procurement Specialist
Location: Home based role, however the ideal base for the successful candidate would be London or Home Counties.
Bridge Pro is an independent service company with expertise in smart procurement services. We provide end-to-end smart procurement techniques for a range of commodities and sourcing requirements. We provide sourcing, information, and coaching services to give our client’s strategic, tactical, and operational benefit. Bridge Pro operates from its office in London and services UK (United Kingdom) clients. In order to continue to grow we want to strengthen our team in London and are therefore looking for you!
The General Procurement Specialist plays a critical role in supporting smart procurement services. You will have the unique opportunity to be a part of an agile, dynamic group whose aim is to solve short and long-term challenges for our clients. In the General Procurement Specialist role, you will be required to:
- Report to the business leadership to ensure work aligns to Bridge Pro Standards
- Support the business leadership and our clients as required to deliver services, sell competitive service /proposals for specific client challenges in the form of presentations and reports that increase return on client’s investments.
- Proactively foster effective collaboration and ensure strong communication with key client stakeholders and colleagues in and across the region(s) to deliver defined business goals.
- Develop key client stakeholder matrix per category/location, maintaining regular engagement and driving high levels of client engagement and satisfaction.
- Ensure appropriate supplier relationship management for assigned suppliers.
- Act as key contact person for UK locations on allocated categories and sourcing initiatives.
- Maintain and update service sales outlook and reporting if required
- Perform spend and contract analysis to identify sourcing and cost reduction opportunities.
- Work with clients and colleagues, define and implement commodity strategies and sourcing area plans for client’s locations, whilst ensuring appropriate alignment to global and regional strategies.
Management of Sourcing Initiatives
- Lead and execute sourcing projects from end-to-end in line with agreed timelines and service quality.
- Deliver allocated savings target as assigned to categories and locations though the effective management of sourcing initiatives, with proper tracking and reporting of savings achievements.
- Provide sourcing subject matter expertise and be involved to support client engagements and / or pitches.
- Provide sourcing planning and execution of projects across a dynamic, multi-client environment.
- Provide sourcing subject matter transformation, training, coaching, and guidance in accordance with guidelines and be involved in supporting client engagements and / or pitches.
- Provide training delivery planning and execution for client appointed candidates across a dynamic, multi-client environment.
- University degree (ideally in Economics, Finance, or Supply Management and/or Legal) or industry experience equivalent.
- Additional certification as Sourcing/Procurement professional.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience and demonstrable success in strategic sourcing ideally gained in an international environment. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to positively influence people to make the appropriate decisions for the client(s) and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team.
- Highly competent in negotiations and contract knowledge with a strong ability to converse, negotiate with suppliers / clients and review contracts in English.
- Strong project management experience.
- Experienced in conducting tenders (request for information/proposal/quotation).
- Highly responsive with the ability to take initiative and interact with all levels within the firm
- Given the nature of tasks, this candidate must be trusted to maintain confidentiality
- Strong time management and an ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Commodity sourcing experience in one or more of the following categories is highly advantageous:
- Banking Services
- Facility Management, Corporate Services, Real Estate, Workplace
- Human Resources (Insurance, Recruitment, Benefits, Payroll, Training)
- IT (Hardware, Software, Telecommunications, Data Centre)
- Logistics (Dispatch, Catering, Trade Compliance)
- Outsourcing & Offshoring (Information Technology Outsourcing, Business Process Outsourcing, Knowledge Process Outsourcing)
- Professional Services (Legal, Audit, Marketing, Management Consulting, Security, Fleet Management, Translations Services)
- Marketing (Branding, Sponsorship, Corporate Communications)
- Travel (Airlines, Hotels, Serviced Apartments, Travel Management)
- Utility (Electricity, Gas, Water, Propane)
Why Bridge Pro?
- You will take responsibility and will be granted the level of freedom as needed.
- You will have the possibility to grow both personally and professionally.
- We support your personal development in order to strengthen your competences.
- We act as a team and have a family-oriented mindset.
- We have a culture that is open, honest, entrepreneurial, and result-focused.
- Modern working conditions as well as 25 days of holidays.
- Individual choice of the pension plan suiting your needs.
- Culture of team work and appreciation: flexible working hours and the possibility of home office in a manageable framework.